Radicchio & Fennel Salad (Insalata di radicchio e finocchio)
From EatingWell: January/February 1993
The distinctive and contrasting flavors of fennel and radicchio need only the lightest of dressings.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 head radicchio
- Whisk together vinegar, broth, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Trim stalks, stems and tough outer layer from fennel. Cut in half lengthwise, cut out core and thinly slice the fennel. Place in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak for about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a salad bowl. 3. Wash radicchio and cut into thin julienne strips. Add to the fennel. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 34 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 87 mg sodium; 235 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1993