Radicchio & Fennel Salad (Insalata di radicchio e finocchio)
From EatingWell: January/February 1993
The distinctive and contrasting flavors of fennel and radicchio need only the lightest of dressings.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 head radicchio
- Whisk together vinegar, broth, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Trim stalks, stems and tough outer layer from fennel. Cut in half lengthwise, cut out core and thinly slice the fennel. Place in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak for about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a salad bowl. 3. Wash radicchio and cut into thin julienne strips. Add to the fennel. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 34 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 87 mg sodium; 235 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- January/February 1993