Radicchio & Fennel Salad (Insalata di radicchio e finocchio)
From EatingWell: January/February 1993
The distinctive and contrasting flavors of fennel and radicchio need only the lightest of dressings.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 head radicchio
- Whisk together vinegar, broth, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Trim stalks, stems and tough outer layer from fennel. Cut in half lengthwise, cut out core and thinly slice the fennel. Place in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak for about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a salad bowl. 3. Wash radicchio and cut into thin julienne strips. Add to the fennel. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 34 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 87 mg sodium; 235 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1993