Radicchio & Fennel Salad (Insalata di radicchio e finocchio)
From EatingWell: January/February 1993
The distinctive and contrasting flavors of fennel and radicchio need only the lightest of dressings.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 head radicchio
- Whisk together vinegar, broth, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Trim stalks, stems and tough outer layer from fennel. Cut in half lengthwise, cut out core and thinly slice the fennel. Place in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak for about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a salad bowl. 3. Wash radicchio and cut into thin julienne strips. Add to the fennel. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 34 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 87 mg sodium; 235 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1993