Rack of Lamb with a Cilantro-Mustard Seed Crust
From EatingWell: January/February 1998
A cozy dinner for two, cooked side by side, is truly a labor of love. Naturally, the meal needs to be special - a little sophisticated, a little sexy, a bit of a splurge.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1-pound rack of lamb, trimmed of fat
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- New Mexico Chile Sauce, (recipe follows), heated
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine cilantro, mustard, mustard seeds and garlic in a small bowl.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Brush oil evenly over a small cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb, meat-side down, and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and spread mustard mixture over browned side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb for 15 to 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 140°F (rare) or until lamb reaches desired doneness.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve rack between the ribs. Spoon some New Mexico Chile Sauce onto 2 plates and top with lamb. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 383 calories; 17 g fat (4 g sat, 8 g mono); 94 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 6 g fiber; 961 mg sodium; 1053 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- January/February 1998