Rack of Lamb with a Cilantro-Mustard Seed Crust
From EatingWell: January/February 1998
A cozy dinner for two, cooked side by side, is truly a labor of love. Naturally, the meal needs to be special - a little sophisticated, a little sexy, a bit of a splurge.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1-pound rack of lamb, trimmed of fat
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- New Mexico Chile Sauce, (recipe follows), heated
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine cilantro, mustard, mustard seeds and garlic in a small bowl.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Brush oil evenly over a small cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb, meat-side down, and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and spread mustard mixture over browned side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb for 15 to 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 140°F (rare) or until lamb reaches desired doneness.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve rack between the ribs. Spoon some New Mexico Chile Sauce onto 2 plates and top with lamb. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 383 calories; 17 g fat (4 g sat, 8 g mono); 94 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 6 g fiber; 961 mg sodium; 1053 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- January/February 1998