I made this with less olive oil and fresh kale instead of frozen spinach. I also used a jumbo raisin medley instead of golden raisins. Delicious!
Vegetarian Quinoa & Squash Casserole
From EatingWell: September/October 2012
An aromatic mixture of garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, allspice and cayenne flavors this vegetarian quinoa and squash casserole recipe. Frozen squash is a super-easy topping.
8 Reviews for Vegetarian Quinoa & Squash Casserole
Should the Qunioa be cooked prior to adding all ingredients?
I followed the instructions and made a casserole that delighted the vegetarians and non-vegetarians at a potluck that I went to. I have since made it several times to rave reviews, once using smoked paprika (yum!) and another time using navy beans instead of garbanzo (since I didn't have any). Also, I have transferred the ingredients into a 9x13 pyrex dish and baked it without a problem if you don't have an oven-proof skillet. This has been a great recipe for me and I've shared it a lot.
I made this last night for my family as part of our effort to eat healthy. I initially thought it sounded good but wasn't sure my family would like to spices. Well this tasted fantastic and my daughters loved it and went back for seconds and thirds. I added some turkey bacon as another reviewer suggested. It was a hit with everyone and complimented the flavors of the dish. We will be making this one regularly.
Definitely use Quinoa - not couscous. (good for gluten-free too!)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)