Quick Vegetable Ragoût
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
Cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, lima beans, garlic and basil steam up perfectly in these papillotes.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil for papillotes (see Tip).
- Whisk together wine, tomato paste, basil (or parsley) and garlic in a medium bowl. Add lima beans, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Open the papillotes and divide the vegetable mixture among them, placing it in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet; bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the packages to small individual plates and serve.
Tips & Notes
- To prepare a papillote: Cut a piece of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a Valentine.
Per serving: 160 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 11 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 491 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (17% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1993