Quick Vegetable Ragoût
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
Cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, lima beans, garlic and basil steam up perfectly in these papillotes.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil for papillotes (see Tip).
- Whisk together wine, tomato paste, basil (or parsley) and garlic in a medium bowl. Add lima beans, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Open the papillotes and divide the vegetable mixture among them, placing it in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet; bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the packages to small individual plates and serve.
Tips & Notes
- To prepare a papillote: Cut a piece of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a Valentine.
Per serving: 160 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 11 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 491 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (17% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1993