Quick Vegetable Ragoût
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
Cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, lima beans, garlic and basil steam up perfectly in these papillotes.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil for papillotes (see Tip).
- Whisk together wine, tomato paste, basil (or parsley) and garlic in a medium bowl. Add lima beans, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Open the papillotes and divide the vegetable mixture among them, placing it in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet; bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the packages to small individual plates and serve.
Tips & Notes
- To prepare a papillote: Cut a piece of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a Valentine.
Per serving: 160 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 11 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 491 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (17% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1993