Quick Vegetable Ragoût
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
Cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, lima beans, garlic and basil steam up perfectly in these papillotes.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil for papillotes (see Tip).
- Whisk together wine, tomato paste, basil (or parsley) and garlic in a medium bowl. Add lima beans, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Open the papillotes and divide the vegetable mixture among them, placing it in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet; bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the packages to small individual plates and serve.
Tips & Notes
- To prepare a papillote: Cut a piece of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a Valentine.
Per serving: 160 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 11 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 491 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (17% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1993