Quick Vegetable Ragoût
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
Cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, lima beans, garlic and basil steam up perfectly in these papillotes.
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil for papillotes (see Tip).
- Whisk together wine, tomato paste, basil (or parsley) and garlic in a medium bowl. Add lima beans, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Open the papillotes and divide the vegetable mixture among them, placing it in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet; bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the packages to small individual plates and serve.
Tips & Notes
- To prepare a papillote: Cut a piece of parchment paper or foil about 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a Valentine.
Per serving: 160 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 11 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 491 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (17% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1993