I used low fat evaporated milk and it made a super velvety soup.
Quick Tomato Soup
From EatingWell: The Simple Art of EatingWell
This is a great “pantry soup”—that is, it comes together in minutes from ingredients that you can keep on hand all the time.
5 Reviews for Quick Tomato Soup
According to my husband -- "Best ever". I adjusted the recipe somewhat and made it easier and better (I think). No milk, no sugar, and I added about a Tbsp of veg. bouillon. I used very large garlic cloves. I used only fresh chopped basil leaves -- no other additional herbs. In my opinion, the pepper flakes added the special touch. Served with toasted whole grain bread. Delicious! Especially on a cold evening.
I really like this soup either by itself or with a salad. I'm always looking for something really quick on week nights since my husband and I both have day jobs. This is something we both like.
I served this on Christmas Eve for my non-Oyster Stew loving guests. They loved it and asked for seconds. I used crushed tomatoes with basil already in it. I normally have all of the other ingredients on hand so this is a great fallback recipe to have.
At first, I thought it was a quick marvel! Later, it seemed just OK.
Steve, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)