Both my husband and I are from the south, we like strong flavors in our foods. We found this one to be more of a soup than something to put over rice. Our first serving we tried without rice, and it was just okay...very week. We put Siracha sauce to spice it up. We found the original recipe weak and too sweet...probably from the coconut milk. I understand that's the flavor of Thai cuisine. I added broccoli and carrots instead of just the 1/2 cup peas called for, and the recipe could still have used a load more vegetables. I even added 1 lb of chicken, more than what was called for. This recipe is just not for us...sorry!
Quick Thai Chicken & Vegetable Curry
Curry quick enough for a weeknight supper - especially if you use precut cauliflower and baby spinach.
13 Reviews for Quick Thai Chicken & Vegetable Curry
As I said in my cons, I didn't have all the incredients (red curry one) but I did happen to have the components of them (chili pepper paste, lemongrass paste, ginger, etc) so I 'winged' it a bit. I added some fresh zucchini along with the cauliflower. I was amazed at the flavor. Will definitely make this again!
I think the recipe warrants way more curry paste, black pepper, more garlic, more cocnut milk...if you just keep tasting and go with your gut it can turn out very good.
great recipe, I used half a jar of curry paste to get it spicy and used full coconut milk instead of lite, my family loved it!
This is a very good dish. I don't usually cook, so as a novice, I was very impressed both with myself and this dish that it came out so good and tasty-I'll definitely be making it again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)