Quick Spinach & Tomato Pasta
From EatingWell: October 1997
While the pasta cooks, whip up this vegetable-rich sauce for dinner in minutes.
- 1 pound whole-wheat pasta
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion. Add tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in spinach; heat through. Drain the pasta, toss with sauce and season with salt and pepper. Top with feta.
Per serving: 352 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 60 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 16 g fiber; 265 mg sodium; 618 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (181% daily value), Vitamin C (39% dv), Folate (25% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (18% dv), Calcium (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- October 1997
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (109 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (74 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)