My boyfriend's absolute favorite meal now, and one of mine too! So easy and delicious, there's next to no prep work! I add in a mix of frozen peppers and onions with the frozen corn and add an extra layer of the refried beans to use more of them!
Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake
Shrimp enchiladas offer a taste of coastal Mexican cuisine but some versions contain so much cheese, butter and sour cream that they can pack a whopping 50 grams of fat per serving. Our version has vibrant flavor and only half the calories and 6 grams of fat per serving, plus we use precooked peeled shrimp so you can get the dish on your table fast enough for a weeknight supper. The addition of refried beans helps makes these enchiladas an excellent source of fiber as well.
35 Reviews for Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake
This wasn't awful, but on the 3rd night I was going to re-heat it, my husband confessed that he couldn't take it another night.
I made this last night and it was super easy. Everyone loved it. Will definitely be making this again.
I made this in morning - took about 15 mins to put together. Sauteed shrimp in pan with some chipotle powder. Then I sauteed chopped red bell pepper. Added both to the corn mix - not heated since it was going in fridge anyway. Used refried black beans and queso fresco on top. Took it out of fridge at 5, oven at 6, was great. Definitely better with lime.
-cook raw shrimp with half an onion until shrimp are pink
- heat the refried beans on the stove
- do not add shrimp to microwave mixture
-layer dish pan with enchilda sauce, than put on 1st layer of tortillas, than put on first layer of beams, than shrimp, than corn mixture, than layer of cheese, than cover with a layer or tortillas and repeat layers.
-put on top coat of tortillas, and follow recipe
Not as healthy as the original, but it taste great!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)