I made it like the recipe said, but added lots of spices and jalapenos. Used raw shrimp and sauteed... If I made this again, I would use black beans instead of no-fat refried. This recipe was bland. My husband didn't like it much either. Just meh!
Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake
Shrimp enchiladas offer a taste of coastal Mexican cuisine but some versions contain so much cheese, butter and sour cream that they can pack a whopping 50 grams of fat per serving. Our version has vibrant flavor and only half the calories and 6 grams of fat per serving, plus we use precooked peeled shrimp so you can get the dish on your table fast enough for a weeknight supper. The addition of refried beans helps makes these enchiladas an excellent source of fiber as well.
35 Reviews for Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake
I made this dish today and I was a little nervous at first. I've never had green enchilada sauce before. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't something that I loved. I read some of the comments and I'll probably try it again and try it with red sauce instead of green next time.
I substituted 1 can of chopped jalapenos for 1 of the cans of green chilis and I omitted the corn. I will add another can of Refried beans the next time I make it. I will definitely be making this again. My hubby says its a keeper!!
This was a really easy recipe that came out great. I made half without beans for my husband and it came out fine. It was a little too juicy even letting it sit for 10 minutes after it came out of the oven will TRY to wait a little longer before digging in next time. The extra juice soaked in the leftovers and they have been good all week as leftovers. Yum will be making again
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)