Quick Romesco Dip
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Try this Spanish-inspired roasted red pepper dip recipe on slices of toasted baguette or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pulse peppers, almonds, parsley, oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper and salt in a food processor until finely chopped together. (This should have a chunky consistency, rather than smooth.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- For the best flavor, toast nuts and seeds before using in a recipe. To toast small nuts, chopped nuts and seeds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 130 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 337 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (18% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- May/June 2014