Quick Romesco Dip
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Try this Spanish-inspired roasted red pepper dip recipe on slices of toasted baguette or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pulse peppers, almonds, parsley, oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper and salt in a food processor until finely chopped together. (This should have a chunky consistency, rather than smooth.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- For the best flavor, toast nuts and seeds before using in a recipe. To toast small nuts, chopped nuts and seeds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 130 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 337 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (18% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014