Quick Romesco Dip
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
Try this Spanish-inspired roasted red pepper dip recipe on slices of toasted baguette or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pulse peppers, almonds, parsley, oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper and salt in a food processor until finely chopped together. (This should have a chunky consistency, rather than smooth.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- For the best flavor, toast nuts and seeds before using in a recipe. To toast small nuts, chopped nuts and seeds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 130 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 337 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (18% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2014