Quick Fettuccine Alfredo
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy fettuccine Alfredo recipe, the sauce for this classic pasta dish gets a makeover, using yogurt. Although we like to toss this creamy pasta sauce with fettuccine, any whole-wheat pasta can be used.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved pasta water and remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the fettuccine and combine well. Serve topped with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Per serving: 312 calories; 8 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 18 g protein; 7 g fiber; 421 mg sodium; 207 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (26% daily value), Magnesium (24% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014