Quick Fettuccine Alfredo
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy fettuccine Alfredo recipe, the sauce for this classic pasta dish gets a makeover, using yogurt. Although we like to toss this creamy pasta sauce with fettuccine, any whole-wheat pasta can be used.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved pasta water and remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the fettuccine and combine well. Serve topped with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Per serving: 312 calories; 8 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 18 g protein; 7 g fiber; 421 mg sodium; 207 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (26% daily value), Magnesium (24% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014