Quick Fettuccine Alfredo
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
In this healthy fettuccine Alfredo recipe, the sauce for this classic pasta dish gets a makeover, using yogurt. Although we like to toss this creamy pasta sauce with fettuccine, any whole-wheat pasta can be used.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved pasta water and remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the fettuccine and combine well. Serve topped with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Per serving: 312 calories; 8 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g total sugars; 18 g protein; 7 g fiber; 421 mg sodium; 207 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (26% daily value), Magnesium (24% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014