So glad to find this recipe. It takes me back to my days in Korea. So easy to prepare...a wonderful, healthy dish by itself or paired with most any grilled meat. Thanks for sharing! (PS I used Korean Garlic Chili Paste as that's what I have on hand)
Quick Cucumber Kimchi
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
While slowly fermented cabbage and pungent garlic are the ingredients most people associate with kimchi, there are dozens and dozens of other versions of Korea’s national dish, featuring all manner of vegetables, such as these quickly pickled cucumbers with just a trace of garlic.
5 Reviews for Quick Cucumber Kimchi
This dish was quick, easy and wonderful!
Very good recipe. Nice side dish with fish & rice. Will definitely go back to this recipe again and again.
Excellent, not-to-spicy, kimchi. Quick to make. We didn't have Korean chile powder and substituted our home made hot chile sauce.
I've made kimchi a couple of times. We love it. But, this kimchi is the easiest and among the most flavorful I've tried. The cucumber retains it's crunch and the flavor is phenomenal. My only complaint is the batch was small. The next time I make it (this weekend after hitting the farmer's market for good local cumcumber) I'll likely triple or quadruple the recipe. Outstanding!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)