I use flour tortillas (they roll up very well) after heating them in the microware and I add 2 tablespoons fat free refried beans. Good doesn't even begin to describe these breakfast tacos.
Quick Breakfast Taco
A smaller cousin of the breakfast burrito, the breakfast taco made with reduced-fat Cheddar and egg substitute is a satisfying and healthy breakfast option.
35 Reviews for Quick Breakfast Taco
Instead of the bread like they called for in the recipe to make it a taco, I took out the bread (which isn't too good..) and layered the ingredients in a bowl. First eggs, then cheese, the salsa. It was still wonderful, and I definitely would make it again!
I made these this morning. I generally struggle to make a real breakfast in the morning due to the fact that I always seem to be running a little behind. These were quick, easy, and delicious. I had egg whites in my refrigerator so I used those instead of egg substitute. The only thing I didn't like about this is how easy my corn tortillas broke when I tried to eat the taco rolled up. I will be making these again!
I too struggle with what makes a healthy breakfast. I'm going to try making this with organic eggs and cheese and gluten free tortillas (which are not whole grain) but I have no idea what the nutrient and calorie content would be. Please think of gluten free, organic breakfast recipes please.
I add refried black beans--yum!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)