Quick-Bread Dry Mix
From EatingWell: October/November 2005
In this versatile recipe, you may substitute whole-wheat flour for the whole-wheat pastry flour. For a more fiber-rich muffin, use all whole-wheat flour.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour, (see Ingredient note) or whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Stores nicely in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Ingredient Note: Whole-wheat pastry flour, lower in protein than regular whole-wheat flour, has less gluten-forming potential, making it a better choice for tender baked goods. You can find it in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets and natural-foods stores. Store in the freezer.
166 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 218 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 22 g fiber; 1781 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Health & Diet Considerations
- High calcium
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- October/November 2005
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)