Quick-Bread Dry Mix
From EatingWell: October/November 2005
In this versatile recipe, you may substitute whole-wheat flour for the whole-wheat pastry flour. For a more fiber-rich muffin, use all whole-wheat flour.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour, (see Ingredient note) or whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Stores nicely in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Ingredient Note: Whole-wheat pastry flour, lower in protein than regular whole-wheat flour, has less gluten-forming potential, making it a better choice for tender baked goods. You can find it in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets and natural-foods stores. Store in the freezer.
166 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 218 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 22 g fiber; 1781 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Health & Diet Considerations
- High calcium
- 8 or more
- October/November 2005