Quesadillas con Frijoles Refritos
These easy tortilla snacks, filled with refried beans, salsa, corn and cheese, satisfy your Tex-Mex cravings with a fraction of the fat and calories of the usual fare.
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 2 tablespoons hot salsa, plus more for dipping
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 3/4 cup finely grated Monterey Jack cheese, (3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine refried beans and 2 tablespoons salsa in a small bowl.
- Place a tortilla directly on a stovetop burner (gas or electric), set at medium, and toast, turning frequently with tongs, until softened, about 30 seconds. Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm while you soften the remaining tortillas in the same manner.
- Lay 6 of the softened tortillas on the prepared baking sheet. Divide the bean mixture among these tortillas, spreading evenly. Sprinkle each with corn, cilantro and scallions, then cheese. Top with the remaining softened tortillas and press to seal.
- Bake until lightly crisped and browned, about 10 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve hot, with additional salsa for dipping.
Per serving: 224 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 10 g protein; 6 g fiber; 285 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 high-fat meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique