Quesadillas con Curry
From EatingWell: January/February 1996
Indian flavors star in this twist on simple quesadillas.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until light golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, curry powder and cumin; sauté for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in yogurt, chutney and the onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the chickpea mixture among 3 of the tortillas, spreading evenly. Top with the remaining tortillas and press to seal.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat. Place one of the quesadillas in the skillet and toast until heated through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each one into 3 wedges and serve hot, with additional yogurt for dipping.
Per serving: 247 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber; 512 mg sodium; 206 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (30% daily value), Selenium (18% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1996