Quesadillas con Curry
From EatingWell: January/February 1996
Indian flavors star in this twist on simple quesadillas.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until light golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, curry powder and cumin; sauté for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in yogurt, chutney and the onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the chickpea mixture among 3 of the tortillas, spreading evenly. Top with the remaining tortillas and press to seal.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat. Place one of the quesadillas in the skillet and toast until heated through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each one into 3 wedges and serve hot, with additional yogurt for dipping.
Per serving: 247 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber; 512 mg sodium; 206 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (30% daily value), Selenium (18% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1996