Quesadillas con Curry
From EatingWell: January/February 1996
Indian flavors star in this twist on simple quesadillas.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until light golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, curry powder and cumin; sauté for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in yogurt, chutney and the onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the chickpea mixture among 3 of the tortillas, spreading evenly. Top with the remaining tortillas and press to seal.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat. Place one of the quesadillas in the skillet and toast until heated through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each one into 3 wedges and serve hot, with additional yogurt for dipping.
Per serving: 247 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber; 512 mg sodium; 206 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (30% daily value), Selenium (18% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1996