Quesadillas con Curry
From EatingWell: January/February 1996
Indian flavors star in this twist on simple quesadillas.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until light golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, curry powder and cumin; sauté for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in yogurt, chutney and the onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the chickpea mixture among 3 of the tortillas, spreading evenly. Top with the remaining tortillas and press to seal.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat. Place one of the quesadillas in the skillet and toast until heated through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each one into 3 wedges and serve hot, with additional yogurt for dipping.
Per serving: 247 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber; 512 mg sodium; 206 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (30% daily value), Selenium (18% dv), Iron (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1996