Quesadillas al Greco
From EatingWell: January/February 1996
Surprise your taste buds with this Greek twist on the Mexican staple.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 ounces lean ground beef, (1/3 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 8-inch tortillas, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, (2 ounces)
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add beef, garlic, cinnamon and oregano; cook, stirring, until the beef is no longer pink, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain off fat; return the meat to the skillet. Stir in water and tomato paste; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Season with pepper.
- Spread the meat on tortillas, dot with feta and fold each tortilla in half.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium-high heat. Place two of the filled tortillas in the skillet and toast until heated through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining filled tortillas. Cut each one into 4 wedges and serve hot.
Per serving: 219 calories; 8 g fat (3 g sat, 3 g mono); 22 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 448 mg sodium; 91 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value), Selenium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Super Bowl
- January/February 1996