Quesadillas are a terrific quick snack to feed the family. They're also great served alongside chili or southwestern stews.
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Spread 1 ounce cheese on a tortilla. Top with another tortilla and place in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the bottom is lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook until the cheese is melted and the second side is lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and the remaining cheese to make 4 quesadillas altogether. Cut each into quarters and serve with salsa.
Per serving: 229 calories; 10 g fat (6 g sat, 3 g mono); 25 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 3 g fiber; 300 mg sodium; 120 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)