This is great low fat recipe that actually tastes better than it's higher fat counterparts. You need to add a bit more water than recipe calls for in order to get the dough wet enough. The crust is a bit difficult and not that stretchy, but tastes good and works well with the light and creamy pumpkin filling. Great with vanilla frozen yogurt and crumbled candied ginger on top.
With a fraction of the fat, this lighter pumpkin pie has the rich, subtle spices of the classic and a delicate, faintly sweet crust.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)