From EatingWell: September/October 1992
Cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg add lots of flavor to these rich pumpkin cookies.
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, yogurt, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in raisins. Stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt, allspice and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon, mixing just until just blended.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Per cookie: 58 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 57 mg sodium; 56 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1992