I always keep a ratio of 2 cups of rice flour mixed with 1/2 cup of tapioca starch (flour) in my cabinet for tort type crusts and always pack the flour when measuring rice flour. It makes a nice light crust and my gluten intolerant friends can enjoy dessert! This dessert was super creamy and delicious. I didn't miss the calories and I will probably use this recipe from here on out. Other reviews said it turned out soupy...I wonder if they didn't use coconut milk, but rather the coconut milk beverage in a box. I had to find the Asian aisle at my store to find the correct can of lite coconut milk.
Pumpkin Coconut Tart
From EatingWell: November/December 2008
Dark rum, coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger and cloves give this pumpkin tart a complex flavor that matches perfectly with a cup of chai laced with milk.
7 Reviews for Pumpkin Coconut Tart
I baked a halved, seeded, scraped, small pumpkin the day before, ran pulp through blender and put into sieve overnight in fridge to let excess water drip into bowl. Canned pumpkin can't come close to fresh!
I don't bake/cook too much; what could I exchange for the almonds in the crust? I'm very allergic to nuts.
This is great!!! Made it yesterday and it is an easy tasty healthier than normal pumpkin pie recipe!
Highly recommend it :)
This definitely tastes like a "diet" pie. The pumpkin ended up tasting rather watery, instead of rich and creamy like its full fat cousin. I made this for a work function and will not be repeating it for Thanksgiving. I will absolutely go back to my usual recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)