Prunes Steeped in Tea
From EatingWell: November/December 1994
Prunes steeped in tea and lemon make a quick and healthy dessert. Try serving them over ricotta cheese or with Greek yogurt.
- 1 pound unpitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 3-inch-long strips lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 jasmine or black currant tea bags
- Place prunes, honey, lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan. Add water and bring mixture to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, add tea bags and let steep for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags and let the prunes stand for a few more minutes.
Per serving: 267 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 64 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 635 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (21% daily value), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 fruit
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- November/December 1994
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)