Prunes & Armagnac in Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: March/April 1995
Swirling Armagnac-soaked prunes into frozen yogurt is a quick and easy way to jazz it up.
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 3 tablespoons Armagnac, or Cognac
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Stir prunes and Armagnac (or Cognac) in a saucepan over low heat until the prunes are softened, about 1 minute. Transfer them to a plate to cool.
- Soften frozen yogurt in the microwave on Medium-Low for 30 to 60 seconds. (Alternatively, allow the frozen yogurt to soften for 10 to 20 minutes at room temperature.) Transfer to a bowl and stir in the prunes with a wooden spoon or whisk until well incorporated.
- Scoop into dessert dishes and place in the freezer to firm up for about 30 minutes.
Per serving: 213 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 472 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- March/April 1995
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)