Provencal-Style Edamame Saute
From EatingWell: January/February 2007
Provence, in southeast France, has earned the culinary trademark a la Provencal for dishes prepared with plenty of garlic, olive oil and olives. Here we combine fennel, artichoke hearts, edamame, feta and olives in this quick and hearty one-skillet supper.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 10-ounce package frozen shelled edamame (about 2 cups), thawed
- 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cured olives
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fennel and cook, stirring, until starting to soften and brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and herbes de Provence; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil until the wine is almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Stir in edamame, artichoke hearts and broth; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Serve sprinkled with feta and olives.
Tips & Notes
- Shopping Tip: Herbes de Provence can be found in the specialty spice section. Make your own by mixing equal amounts of dried thyme, sage, rosemary, marjoram, summer savory and fennel seed.
Per serving: 317 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 9 g fiber; 730 mg sodium; 449 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Folate (29% dv), Calcium (21% dv), Iron (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- January/February 2007