Absolutely amazing - my husband and I loved this. Instead of broiling, I pan fried the scallops w/a little non-stick cooking spray, and as suggested, served with whole wheat orzo tossed with Parmesan. Once plated, we decided the ingredients complimented each other so well that we mixed everything together (including the spinach). It was like a rich, Italian paella - so delicious!
Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops with Spinach
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
This take on the classic bacon-wrapped appetizer uses prosciutto instead to wrap meaty scallops. High-quality Italian prosciutto, found at well-stocked supermarkets or Italian specialty stores, has an incomparable melt-in-your-mouth texture. It's more expensive, but you only need a little for this recipe. Make it a meal: Serve with an unoaked chardonnay and our recipe for Wild Rice Salad.
2 Reviews for Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops with Spinach
I made this for the first time last night for my husband and it was super easy and fantastic. I also made proscuitto wrapped shrimp (as they are less expensive) with it and served it with brown rice. Next time we make it I would add a little less lemon and double the spinach.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)