From EatingWell: March/April 2009
These prosciutto-wrapped bundles of grilled asparagus are a delicious addition to a spring brunch or elegant dinner.
- 16 spears asparagus, (about 1 bunch), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 very thin slices prosciutto, (about 1 ounce), cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Wrap 1 length of prosciutto around the middle of 4 asparagus spears. Repeat, making 4 bundles. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the asparagus bundles, turning once or twice, until the asparagus is tender and charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 39 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 134 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2009