From EatingWell: March/April 2009
These prosciutto-wrapped bundles of grilled asparagus are a delicious addition to a spring brunch or elegant dinner.
- 16 spears asparagus, (about 1 bunch), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 very thin slices prosciutto, (about 1 ounce), cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Wrap 1 length of prosciutto around the middle of 4 asparagus spears. Repeat, making 4 bundles. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the asparagus bundles, turning once or twice, until the asparagus is tender and charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 39 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 134 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2009