Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Pair this full-flavored preserved lemon and feta vinaigrette with bold greens, such as escarole or endive. For this recipe, you can use the yellow peel and/or the pulp from a preserved lemon. Just be sure to rinse the lemon well before using and remove any seeds from the pulp.
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rinsed preserved lemon peel and/or pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
You Might Also Like
- Puree feta, oil, preserved lemon, lemon juice, oregano (or parsley or cilantro), water, garlic, pepper and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 4-teaspoon serving: 78 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- January/February 2011