Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Pair this full-flavored preserved lemon and feta vinaigrette with bold greens, such as escarole or endive. For this recipe, you can use the yellow peel and/or the pulp from a preserved lemon. Just be sure to rinse the lemon well before using and remove any seeds from the pulp.
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rinsed preserved lemon peel and/or pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
You Might Also Like
- Puree feta, oil, preserved lemon, lemon juice, oregano (or parsley or cilantro), water, garlic, pepper and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 4-teaspoon serving: 78 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- January/February 2011