Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Pair this full-flavored preserved lemon and feta vinaigrette with bold greens, such as escarole or endive. For this recipe, you can use the yellow peel and/or the pulp from a preserved lemon. Just be sure to rinse the lemon well before using and remove any seeds from the pulp.
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rinsed preserved lemon peel and/or pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
You Might Also Like
- Puree feta, oil, preserved lemon, lemon juice, oregano (or parsley or cilantro), water, garlic, pepper and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 4-teaspoon serving: 78 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2011