Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Pair this full-flavored preserved lemon and feta vinaigrette with bold greens, such as escarole or endive. For this recipe, you can use the yellow peel and/or the pulp from a preserved lemon. Just be sure to rinse the lemon well before using and remove any seeds from the pulp.
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rinsed preserved lemon peel and/or pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
You Might Also Like
- Puree feta, oil, preserved lemon, lemon juice, oregano (or parsley or cilantro), water, garlic, pepper and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 4-teaspoon serving: 78 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2011