Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Pair this full-flavored preserved lemon and feta vinaigrette with bold greens, such as escarole or endive. For this recipe, you can use the yellow peel and/or the pulp from a preserved lemon. Just be sure to rinse the lemon well before using and remove any seeds from the pulp.
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rinsed preserved lemon peel and/or pulp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
You Might Also Like
- Puree feta, oil, preserved lemon, lemon juice, oregano (or parsley or cilantro), water, garlic, pepper and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 4-teaspoon serving: 78 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 2011