I love this soup. I made it for my family the other day and they all fell in love with it. It has a rich taste without all the heavy calories. I follwed the recipe exactly. I used yukon gold potatoes. It is a recipe I will make again and again. Have shared it already with many friends and family.
From EatingWell: EatingWell on a Budget (2010)
Make this easy potato soup more substantial by topping it with shredded Cheddar cheese, crumbled cooked bacon and sliced scallions.
3 Reviews for Potato Soup
I like to add sliced hard-boiled eggs and thicken the soup up with flour stirred in a little at a time- resembles a chowder!
I'll try this again and make half the amount -- just in case. The soup lacks any flavor. I used a few Yukon Gold and a few Idaho as that is what I had in the pantry. Homemade chix stock, fresh Italian parsley and fat-free half/half. It is overly thick and so bland....plus the parsley has given it a green tinge.
I'd rather not add a lot of salt, but will try adding some thyme when reheating....along with additional toppings.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)