Potato Salad in Radicchio Cups
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
With a store-bought or leftover roasted chicken, this hearty curried chicken salad is ready in a snap.
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped skinless roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup diced peeled tart green apple
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped golden raisins
- 24 small radicchio, Boston lettuce or endive leaves
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken, apple, onion, bell pepper, celery, raisins and the cooled potatoes.
- Place about 2 tablespoons potato salad in each radicchio (or lettuce or endive) leaf.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per appetizer: 30 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 63 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat (for 2 appetizers)
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2007