Potato Salad in Radicchio Cups
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
With a store-bought or leftover roasted chicken, this hearty curried chicken salad is ready in a snap.
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped skinless roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup diced peeled tart green apple
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped golden raisins
- 24 small radicchio, Boston lettuce or endive leaves
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken, apple, onion, bell pepper, celery, raisins and the cooled potatoes.
- Place about 2 tablespoons potato salad in each radicchio (or lettuce or endive) leaf.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per appetizer: 30 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 63 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat (for 2 appetizers)
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2007