Potato Salad in Radicchio Cups
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
With a store-bought or leftover roasted chicken, this hearty curried chicken salad is ready in a snap.
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped skinless roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup diced peeled tart green apple
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped golden raisins
- 24 small radicchio, Boston lettuce or endive leaves
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken, apple, onion, bell pepper, celery, raisins and the cooled potatoes.
- Place about 2 tablespoons potato salad in each radicchio (or lettuce or endive) leaf.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per appetizer: 30 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 63 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat (for 2 appetizers)
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2007