Potato Salad in Radicchio Cups
From EatingWell: November/December 2007
With a store-bought or leftover roasted chicken, this hearty curried chicken salad is ready in a snap.
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped skinless roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup diced peeled tart green apple
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped golden raisins
- 24 small radicchio, Boston lettuce or endive leaves
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken, apple, onion, bell pepper, celery, raisins and the cooled potatoes.
- Place about 2 tablespoons potato salad in each radicchio (or lettuce or endive) leaf.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per appetizer: 30 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 63 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat (for 2 appetizers)
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- November/December 2007