...If you like a "mayonnaise" based potato salad dressing, this is spot on! However, I've always preferred the miracle whip flavor myself. Initial recipe was good, but I made modifications to suite my likes. I accidentally added to much cayenne, but really liked the spiceiness! I didn't do the Dijon mustard (not a fan) but substituted with French's instead. Also, one it was completed, I probably added an additional cup of sugar- like my on a slightly sweeter side than how it initially turned out. All and all, great recipie! I never thought about making my own mayo, so that new find was fantastic! Family loved the recipe too, my hats off to you for providing a tastey potato salad dressing with substantially lower calories compared to what I USED to do! Thank you thank you!
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Tossing the just-cooked potatoes with some vinegar infuses them with flavor while the cool. Our homemade mayonnaise creates the base for a light and tangy dressing.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)