From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Tossing the just-cooked potatoes with some vinegar infuses them with flavor while the cool. Our homemade mayonnaise creates the base for a light and tangy dressing.
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 1 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into large dice and gently toss them with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes. Add onions, celery and parsley and toss gently to combine.
Per serving: 173 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 33 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 265 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Folate (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 1996