From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Tossing the just-cooked potatoes with some vinegar infuses them with flavor while the cool. Our homemade mayonnaise creates the base for a light and tangy dressing.
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 1 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into large dice and gently toss them with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes. Add onions, celery and parsley and toss gently to combine.
Per serving: 173 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 33 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 265 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Folate (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 1996