From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Tossing the just-cooked potatoes with some vinegar infuses them with flavor while the cool. Our homemade mayonnaise creates the base for a light and tangy dressing.
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 1 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into large dice and gently toss them with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes. Add onions, celery and parsley and toss gently to combine.
Per serving: 173 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 33 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 265 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Folate (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 1996