From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Tossing the just-cooked potatoes with some vinegar infuses them with flavor while the cool. Our homemade mayonnaise creates the base for a light and tangy dressing.
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 1 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into large dice and gently toss them with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes. Add onions, celery and parsley and toss gently to combine.
Per serving: 173 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 33 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 265 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Folate (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 1996