From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Tossing the just-cooked potatoes with some vinegar infuses them with flavor while the cool. Our homemade mayonnaise creates the base for a light and tangy dressing.
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 1 cup EatingWell Mayonnaise, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into large dice and gently toss them with 2 tablespoons of the vinegar in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes. Add onions, celery and parsley and toss gently to combine.
Per serving: 173 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 33 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 265 mg sodium; 783 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Folate (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 1996