From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Simple yet special enough to serve for company - even when you're in a hurry. Make it a Meal: Serve with steamed carrots tossed with dill and green beans.
- 1 cup precooked shredded potatoes, (see Note)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds mahi-mahi, skin removed, cut into 4 portions
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Combine potatoes, shallot, horseradish, mustard, garlic salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread each portion of fish with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, then top with one-fourth of the potato mixture, pressing the mixture onto the fish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the fish in the pan potato-side down and cook until crispy and browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently turn the fish over, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Look for precooked shredded potatoes in the refrigerated section of the produce department--near other fresh prepared vegetables.
Per serving: 205 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 105 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 623 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Grapefruit can add a healthy and refreshing flavor to entrees...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- October/November 2006