From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Simple yet special enough to serve for company - even when you're in a hurry. Make it a Meal: Serve with steamed carrots tossed with dill and green beans.
- 1 cup precooked shredded potatoes, (see Note)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds mahi-mahi, skin removed, cut into 4 portions
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Combine potatoes, shallot, horseradish, mustard, garlic salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread each portion of fish with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, then top with one-fourth of the potato mixture, pressing the mixture onto the fish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the fish in the pan potato-side down and cook until crispy and browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently turn the fish over, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Look for precooked shredded potatoes in the refrigerated section of the produce department--near other fresh prepared vegetables.
Per serving: 205 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 105 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 623 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- October/November 2006