From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Simple yet special enough to serve for company - even when you're in a hurry. Make it a Meal: Serve with steamed carrots tossed with dill and green beans.
- 1 cup precooked shredded potatoes, (see Note)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds mahi-mahi, skin removed, cut into 4 portions
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Combine potatoes, shallot, horseradish, mustard, garlic salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread each portion of fish with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, then top with one-fourth of the potato mixture, pressing the mixture onto the fish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the fish in the pan potato-side down and cook until crispy and browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently turn the fish over, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Look for precooked shredded potatoes in the refrigerated section of the produce department--near other fresh prepared vegetables.
Per serving: 205 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 105 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 623 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- October/November 2006