From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Simple yet special enough to serve for company - even when you're in a hurry. Make it a Meal: Serve with steamed carrots tossed with dill and green beans.
- 1 cup precooked shredded potatoes, (see Note)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds mahi-mahi, skin removed, cut into 4 portions
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Combine potatoes, shallot, horseradish, mustard, garlic salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread each portion of fish with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, then top with one-fourth of the potato mixture, pressing the mixture onto the fish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the fish in the pan potato-side down and cook until crispy and browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently turn the fish over, reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Look for precooked shredded potatoes in the refrigerated section of the produce department--near other fresh prepared vegetables.
Per serving: 205 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 105 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 623 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- October/November 2006