My suggestion would be to use a mesh type cooling rack over a half sheet/jelly roll pan instead of a cookie sheet with wax paper/parchment paper. The gnocchi gets soggy from sitting on it.
Homemade Potato Gnocchi
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
Traditional homemade gnocchi (little Italian dumplings) are made with just potato, flour, egg and salt. Be sure not to work the dough too much or the gnocchi will be tough. Toss them with your favorite sauce and dinner is served!
2 Reviews for Homemade Potato Gnocchi
I've always wanted to make my own gnocchi, and EatingWell made it easy! It is a little time-consuming (because you have to bake potatoes), but it's definitely worth it. I think the gnocchi had a better potato flavor than the kind I buy at the store! Also makes a lot so you can save some for later!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)